5/06/2008

may 8} hey buddy

photographs: dan varenka

Dan Varenka has been plugging away in New York for a couple of years now selling at the Buffalo Small Press Book Fair, Utica's Indie Garage Sale, and Syracuse's rEvolution.  We're so happy he's now joining us here in town!

Dan sells lots of screen printed items on his etsy shop. Head on over and take a peek! Here's the bio he has up 
at etsy: "I teach art to little kids. I like them, they like me. Sometimes I make them cry, but all that entails is telling them it's time to clean up. When I'm not making kids cry I enjoy finding swank vintage graphics as well as having the Hey Buddy! "team" design our own. I've always liked printmaking and I started silk-screening out of necessity a couple of summers ago. It's a long story, buy me a drink and it's yours."

Maybe the story can be yours for a t-shirt? 
Last week, though rainy, was a wonderful beginning to the market season. We're looking forward to a season filled with creativity and friendly faces. Stop by and say hello to Dan and a few of the gals from the second storie crew. I'll
be there, and JoAnn and Rachael will too!

See you Thursday!
Shanna


No comments: